Friday, January 29, 2010

A New Project

My mom has me making an album of old family photos for my grandma's 90th birthday in April. (Shhh! It's a surprise gift, so don't tell her. I'm not worried that Grandma will find this blog, because she doesn't have a computer.) I just started working on it today (actually I got it organized yesterday and did stick one photo down then, but I didn't finish that layout today so it is not pictured in this post). I bought an 8x8 album kit just so everything would match nicely and because a smaller album is easier to store than a 12x12. Also, smaller pages seem to go much faster than larger ones!
Even so, I didn't get near as much done today as I wanted to (I read more than I had planned today) but at least something is better than nothing. I finished the first and third pages today.
Page One
Harold & Barbara
12/22/44
This is my mom's parents' wedding photo. My grandpa is wearing his Navy uniform. I chose this photo as the first page since the album will have all different family photos of theirs (both sides of the family) so they are kind of the theme of the album.
Page 3
The Button family
Yes, you read right. These are the Buttons. The parents (at left and right) are my grandma's great-grandparents, Oscar and Ida Button (making them my great-great-great-grandparents)! The photo is undated, but it is certainly from before 1922 and probably close to the turn of the century. My grandma's grandma, Lillie Button, is in the middle of the back row. I wish I had a scanner, or the means of taking a better photo of the page, because the actual photo of the Buttons is much clearer than it appears here. Pages 2&3 will be facing one another; I did not do page two today, but it will have journaling/text to go with this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment