Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's work on the heritage album

I got more work done this Friday than I did last week, but I'm still not quite even halfway finished with the album. The first time I posted these photos, most of them were horribly blurry (except for the first one) but I've replaced them with slightly better ones. Page 2 (this page goes side-by-side with page 3, which I posted last week). It's just journaling about that portrait of the Button family. I came back later and added that button, ain't it cute?

Page 4: Photos of Oscar and Ida Hall Button. These were my great-great-great grandparents! My mom's mom's mom's mom's mom and dad. ;)



Page 5: Lillie Amanda Button Cox (daughter of Oscar and Ida on page 4) and her husband Joseph Ain Cox. This was their wedding photo, from December 1890.


Page 6: Matthias and Anna H., with their son Bert. Another son of theirs was John H., my mom's mom's dad. So these people in the picture were my great-great-grandparents and my great-great-uncle.


Page 7: Four of the 10 (I think) children of Matthias and Anna H. My great-grandfather, John H., is at right.

Here is something really cool I noticed about two of the pictures today: My grandparents' wedding picture (from 1944, page 1) and my great-great-grandparents' wedding picture (from 1890, page 5) were both taken at the same studio in Sioux City, Iowa!

If I work really, really hard I suppose there is still a possibility that I might finish the album when I scrapbook next Friday, but I'm not going to count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment